JOB TITLE: Systems and Network Administrator
REPORTS TO: Network Operations Team Lead
LOCATION: Maidstone, Kent
The Optomany Network Operations team require an experienced Systems and Network Administrator to join the existing team who currently support the business critical production systems 24/7.
On a day to day basis the candidate will be responsible for maintaining a healthy network infrastructure of networks, servers and services while also helping in the design and management of rollouts for business critical network infrastructure, products and services.
The candidate will work closely with our development teams, support all areas of the business from a ticketing system and be required to adhere to a strict change management process.
• Responsible for the maintenance and high availability of the datacentres, network infrastructure, servers, and services
• Ensure integrity and security of data in accordance with best practices and business requirements for regulatory, security and privacy compliance
• Ensure uptime of all services is more than 99.999%
• Ensuring that redundancy is achieved at all levels of hardware and software in order to achieve a service SLA in excess of 99.999%
• Proactively monitor logs and metrics to ensure uptime, highlight performance improvements and future capacity planning
• Maintain servers and services through software updates, security patching and service pack installation
• Manage backups and regularly test restoration
• Assist with technology planning
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Expert level knowledge of Windows server 2012R2 and above
• High level of experience in managing Windows server environments and Azure cloud environments
• Networking and network security
• Strong working knowledge of Active Directory
• In-depth knowledge of LAN, WAN and VPN support and design
• In-depth knowledge of Firewalls and UTM
• Production experience of Hyper-V
• Production experience of System Center VMM
• Microsoft certification, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD
SKILLS & VALUES
• Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills covering network administration and security, server management, software and issue resolution
• Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical employees
• Technical experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud based networking and infrastructure deployments, migrations and administration
• Highly competent in Powershell scripting
• Excellent planning, project, change and time management capabilities
The role is based in our Maidstone office however the need may arise to travel and visit other office locations within the UK and beyond.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week to cover the hours of 09.00-17.30 Monday to Friday, however the role offered is to be part of a team supporting the production environment 24/7 so will start with being included in an “On-Call” shift rota which will require some weekend and evening work.