This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more

Contact Us |
Home |About Us | News | Optomany Sponsors Fundraiser for Digital Charity Pennies

At Optomany it’s always been our aim to offer the best in payments for our partners and customers: omnichannel solutions that add value at every step of the way. But sometimes you also need to look at the bigger picture, and act as a responsible corporate citizen. That’s why we’re delighted to be sponsoring digital donation charity Pennies at an upcoming Vendorcom event later this month.

We hope it’ll raise some vital extra income for an innovative organisation which has already helped raise over £13M for more than 300 charities across the UK.

The Vendorcom difference

Vendorcom Europe is a multi-stakeholder membership organisation that has been connecting seekers, solvers and shapers in the European payments community since 2003. Over the past 15 years it has established itself as Europe's definitive, independent forum for keeping in touch with what's what and who's who in payments.

Vendorcom has been a strong support of Pennies since it launched in November 2010, providing introduction to potential partners and helping to raise its profile wherever possible. The organisation’s aim in selecting Pennies as its charity of the year, is to provide additional funding and boost its efforts to facilitate a new form of grassroots philanthropy.
Why Pennies?

Optomany is also a huge supporter of Pennies. The digital charity box provider doesn’t just add value for our customers — it’s an industry game-changer which is helping to transform the way people think about charitable giving.

UK shoppers are increasingly leaving home without notes or coins in their pockets. A total of 13.2 billion debit card payments were made last year, a rise of 14% on the previous year, according to latest insights by banking trade body UK Finance. That outstripped the 13.1 billion cash payments made, as the use of notes and coins dropped by 15%. An estimated 3.4 million people hardly used cash at all during the year.

That’s great news for retailers looking to create seamless omnichannel shopping experiences for their customers, supported by digital transaction data and slick card and mobile payments. But it has meant the decline of the traditional in-store charity box.

This is where Pennies makes a difference. It offers a fast, simple way for retailers to raise money for charities by offering customers an option to round-up or top-up on card purchases online, at the till and/or via their smart devices. It’s never more than just a few pennies, but just as with the traditional charity box, these digital donations can add up to make a significant difference.

A worthy cause

The vast majority (90%) of funds collected by Pennies are sent to the nominated charity with the remaining 10% going to Pennies -  a charity itself – to help sustain and grow the digital charity box and micro-donation movement. As a charity it is in part dependent on the goodwill of others to succeed. That’s why we’re putting our money behind a fundraising golf day later this month.

The golf day will take place at Magnolia Park Golf Club in Buckinghamshire. It will include breakfast, lunch, 18 holes of golf, a raffle, prizes for the winning team, and a wide-range of other fun activities. It’s all about having a great day out, doing a spot of networking and of course raising money and awareness for a very worthy cause.

In just a few years Pennies has raised £13 million for over 300 charities and growing, having signed major high street and online partners including Domino’s Pizza, Travelodge, Zizzi, and Screwfix. Optomany itself has worked to add digital giving functionality for even more customers by introducing a brand new sector in football clubs, including Cardiff City FC and Brentford FC.

We’re looking forward to doing a bit more next week. Here are the details if you’re interested in attending:

What: Fundraising golf day in aid of “digital charity box” Pennies

Best Western Plus Magnolia Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Arncott Road, Boarstall Buckinghamshire, HP18 9XX

27 June 2018, 08.30-15.30

we can help you find the best solution
to suit your business

Give us a call on
+44 (0)208 102 8000

email us at